Clerk To Board / VAB


Indian River County Administration Building

1801 27th Street, Bldg “A”, Rm 801 (Executive Offices)

Vero Beach, Fl 32960


The Clerk to the Board Department is the official record keeper for Indian River County. It:

  • Is responsible for keeping the official record of the actions of the Board of County Commissioners, actions taken at all regular and special meetings;

  • Is responsible for keeping the official record for actions of the Solid Waste Disposal District, Emergency Services District, Environmental Control Board and the Value Adjustment Board;

  • Is responsible for contracts, resolutions and ordinances;

  • Is responsible for providing citizens (property owners) a forum to address complaints when they believe the Property Appraiser overvalued their property or improperly denied an exemption or classification.

  • Provides the public with information about concealed weapon permits


Online Record Search

Past Board Meetings, Ordinances, and Resolutions are available for search here.


 Value Adjustment Board

The Value Adjustment Board (VAB) is an independent forum created by Florida Statute Chapter 194 to
provide property owners with an opportunity to appeal their property value or denial of an exemption,
classification, or tax deferral. The VAB consists of five members: two County Commissioners, one
School Board member, and two citizen members. Indian River County uses Special Magistrates to
conduct hearings and recommend decisions to the VAB. The VAB makes all final decisions. Special
Magistrates are qualified to review property valuation and denial of exemptions, classifications, and
Please click on the link below to access petitions, rules, and other information:

Public Notice

Petition Online Filing

Important VAB Dates


Meeting Notices

Please Note: Hearing dates and times are subject to change



Special Magistrates

Applications are accepted from March through April of each year.

Special Magistrate Advertisement

Attorney-Appraiser Magistrate Application






Transfer of Homestead Assessment Difference, Request for a Hearing
Withdrawal of Petition