Located in Room 158 at the Indian River County Courthouse

(772) 770- 5185
Extensions 3129 and 3177
Hours - 9:00 - 4:00

The Civil Department processes civil lawsuits, including small claims, evictions, county court cases, circuit court cases, garnishments, and probate and guardianship cases.

Civil cases are processed in the order received in the Department.


Effective October 1, 2010, the Clerk’s Office will no longer record death certificates as a part of the probate court record.

Online Search:

OnLine Search for Civil and Probate Records

Small Claims:

Cases involving less than $5000 are filed in Small Claims court.

Packages including the filing information and forms are available in the Civil Department or in the North County office. The packages include:        

  1. An informational sheet entitled "Information Needed to File Your Claim";

  3. A statement of claim.

  5. A list of filing fees;

  7. An informational sheet entitled "How to Collect Your Judgment."
In addition to the Clerk's fee, there is a $40.00 fee payable to the Indian River County Sheriff's Department (CHECK THE FEES FOR ALL OTHER COUNTIES) for each defendant being served, along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope. This payment is separate from the Clerk's fee.

The Sheriff will not accept personal checks, therefore, their fee needs to be paid by a Cashier's Check, Money Order or business check. (We will not be responsible for cash).

If the summons is to be served in another county, the cashier's check, money order, or business check should be made payable to the Sheriff of that county.

Statement of Claim

Statement of Counterclaim


If you are filing for an eviction and you are a pro se litigant, the Florida statutes contain the information necessary to file an eviction. The statutes, forms and procedures are available in the Law Library in the courthouse or in the Indian River County libraries. To see a brochure for a brief summary of Florida's landlord/tenant law, please click onto the Eviction Brochure listed in the right sidebar of this webpage.

County Court Cases:

Cases involving more than $5,000 and less than $15,000 are filed in County Court.

Circuit Court Cases:

Cases involving more than $15,000 are filed in Circuit Court.

Frequently Asked Questions:

  1. How do I get a small claims packet by mail?
    Send us a self-addressed, stamped envelope with your request. We will mail one back to you.
  2. Do I need an attorney for small claims?
  3. When will I get a court date for small claims?
    You will receive a copy of the summons by mail and it will contain a court date set within 34 days of the filing of your claim.
  4. Can I do a records search by phone?
    No, we need $2.00 per year per name.
  5. How much will it cost for a certified copy?
    It costs $1.00 per page and $2.00 for the certification.
  6. How can I obtain information about the properties included on the mortgage foreclosure list?
    Click here


As of July 1, 2003 a statutory fee of $50.00 will be charged for the reopening of any civil action, suit or proceeding in the Circuit Court. F.S. 28.241(1)(b). In County Court, F.S. 34.041(2), cases less than $500.00 the fee is $25.00. Cases more than $500.00 the fee is $50.00.

Small Claims
County Court Cases
Circuit Court Cases
Frequently Asked Questions
County Cover Sheet
Circuit Cover Sheet
Administative Order AO 2010-08/09
Foreclosure OnLine Auction
Value of Real Property or Mortgage Foreclosure Claim
How To Collect Your Judgment
Information Needed To File Your Claim
Probate Name Search
Satisfaction Of Judgment
Small Claims filing fees
Probate Statement Of Claim
Small Claims - Affidavit
Eviction Brochure
Court Orders
Civil Headlines
   Information regarding new Administration Order
   Case Acceptance Policy Change

 Site Designed by eCalton.com

Can't find what you are looking for? CALL US
Site Map | Legal      Site last updated: April 17, 2014 04:56PM