Located in Room 139 at the Indian River County Courthouse
Extensions 3104 and 3107
The office of the Clerk of the Circuit Court is a designated passport Application Acceptance Facility. We process passport applications for U.S. citizens only and forward them to Passport Services for processing.
PASSPORT APPLICATIONS CAN ONLY BE MADE AT THE INDIAN RIVER COUNTY COURTHOUSE, 2000 16th Avenue, Vero Beach, AND THE NORTH COUNTY OFFICE, 11604 U.S. Highway 1, Sebastian.
Requirements for an application:
Proof of citizenship:
- Certified birth certificate with a raised seal and file date;
- Prior passport;
- Original naturalization papers;
- Social Security Number
- With signature and photograph of the applicant.
- 2 x 2 front, full face view with light background.
- Check or money order to U.S. Department of State;
- 16 years and older: $110.00 per application;
- 15 years and younger: $80.00 per application.
- $25.00 cash or credit card* for the execution fee per application.
*(Credit card fee applies: $2.50 (this is a credit card company fee))
- Plus, a required $19.95 for Express Mail service to the Passport Agency. The address will be supplied to you from the Clerk’s office.
YOU CAN MAIL RENEWALS IF YOU WERE AT LEAST 16 YEARS OF AGE AT THE TIME YOUR PASSPORT WAS ISSUED OR YOUR PASSPORT WAS ISSUED IN THE LAST 15 YEARS.
Mail with the following:
- Completed renewal form, DS-82 obtained from the Clerk's office or website travel.state.gov;
- Check or money order made out to the U.S. Department of State for $110 per application;
- 2 identical photographs;
- Your expired passport.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How long does it take to get my passport processed?
Approximately 4 to 6 weeks
- What if I need it faster?
You can pay a $60 fee per application for an expedited process.
Plus, an optional $12.85 per application for Express Mail service back to you. This amount is included in the check made payable to the U.S. Dept. of State.
- What about a passport for my children under 16?
Both parents or legal guardians and child must be present to sign the passport application.
- What about my children under 18 who do not have regular driver's licenses?
A parent or legal guardian and the child must be present to sign the application.
- How can I get information about the status of my application?
Call 1-877-487-2778 or E-mail http://travel.state.gov on the Web.
- How can I change my name on my passport?
A form is available in the Clerk's office that can be sent to the passport agency to change your name.
Form DS-5504 (Less than 1 yr. - No Fee)
Form DS-82 (More than 1 yr. - New or Renewal fees apply.)
- Where can I get a visa?
Call 1-877-487-2778 for information.
- Do I have to get my passport in the town in which I live?